Answered By: Lewis Zimmerman
Last Updated: Oct 22, 2019     Views: 1163

The Oregon DMV publishes a detailed list of the types of suspensions and what forms you need to file to apply for a license. I have attached the PDF document from the ODMV to this reply. 

You will note that the PDF on page one refers to a form 735-6116 and notes that you must petition the court to remove a revocation. You can search through all the ODMV forms. However, you will not find a 735-6116 form on the DMV's form database. You will find an instruction sheet 735-6828 "DUII Convictions - Suspensions, Hardship Permits, and Reinstatements" that might be helpful. I have attached a copy of that form to this reply.

You will note that the attached suspension guide also refers to Oregon Revised Statutes 813.400(2) and 809.235 with regard to a DUII revocation. You can review the latest edition of the ORS on the legislature's website here. I have also attached a copy of the Westlaw editions of these statutes. Westlaw, a paid database will alert you to changes in the law since the last edition of the statute. You will note that ORS 809.235 was amended during the 2017 legislative session. 

The Multnomah Circuit Court and the Oregon Judicial Department maintain a limited number of forms on simple proceedings. 


Related Topics

State of Oregon Law Library Blog

To learn more, click to read our blogWe give updates on issues important to litigants on our blog. You will find current events, changing stances on the law, if arguments are scheduled, upcoming training events, and more.