Answered By: Lewis Zimmerman
Last Updated: Nov 22, 2017     Views: 103

Please note that we are only able to provide guidance for legal research purposes.  For legal advice you may want to contact the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service.  The First in-office consultation with an attorney referred through this service is $35 or less.  More information is available on-line at

NOLO, a legal publisher, has a useful webpage covering neighborhood property disputes including boundary fences.

You will note that that article refers so a provision of the ORS 96.020. Chapter 96 of the Oregon Revised Statutes is in fact called "Line and Partition Fences" you can read this statutory chapter of the Oregon Legislature's website here.

or directly to the Chapter here:

The SOLL provides free access to NOLO books through EBSCO. You can read chapter 11: Fences in NOLO's "Neighbor Law" book using your free account.

Your login ID is the county you reside in and the password is Oregon.

Related Topics

State of Oregon Law Library Blog

To learn more, click to read our blogWe give updates on issues important to litigants on our blog. You will find current events, changing stances on the law, if arguments are scheduled, upcoming training events, and more.