Answered By: Lewis Zimmerman
Last Updated: Apr 15, 2016     Views: 17

Please note that law librarians are only able to provide guidance to help patrons complete their own legal research.  For legal advice you may want to contact the Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service.  The first in-office consultation with an attorney referred through this service is $35 or less.  More information is available on-line at

Here are two general articles addressing legal issues surrounding trees:

You can also consult Oregon sources for more information. You might contact your local arborist or city webpage. For example here is a Portland parks page on problems arising from trees. You might also consult your local city code, like this page for the Oregon City code

If you would like research more general Oregon law you can search the Oregon Revised statutes on the legislature's website. You can search through caselaw from the Oregon Appellate courts using Google's Scholar search engine. Remember that the law is constantly changing and that you should make sure that a case or statute is still good law before you rely on it.

Related Topics

State of Oregon Law Library Blog

To learn more, click to read our blogWe give updates on issues important to litigants on our blog. You will find current events, changing stances on the law, if arguments are scheduled, upcoming training events, and more.